The U.S. company Caleres published its first environmental, social, governance (ESG) report, Caleres Cares … Feet First. The report covers the company’s activities in 2020 and sets commitments for the next five years.
The pledges for 2025 include:
- Use environmentally preferred materials in all of its products and shoeboxes
- 25 percent of footwear sold in Famous Footwear stores will use environmentally preferred materials
- Reclaim, recycle or refurbish 90,000 pairs of shoes each year
- Halve waste in the company’s strategic sourcing supplier base, with all of strategic sourcing suppliers contributing to waste reduction
- Reduce energy consumption by 25 percent in Caleres-owned retail stores and distribution centers
- Ensure that all strategic factories are socially compliant and employ leading global social working standards
Along with the Famous Footwear chain, Caleres’ portfolio includes, among others, the brands Sam Edelman, Naturalizer, Allen Edmonds, Vionic and Dr. Scholl’s Shoes.