The Italian high-end shoemaker Baldinini has appointed Christian Prazzoli as its chief executive, while the company’s previous helmsman, Gimmi Baldinini, will continue as chairman.

The appointment comes after the Bologna-based company Finross, owned by the Rossetti family, earlier this year bought a 60 percent stake in Baldinini for €13 million from Antichi Pellettieri, which is being liquidated. Gimmi Baldinini owns the remaining 40 percent.

Prazzoli was previously brand general manager and chief operating officer for over a year at Harmont & Blaine. Prior to that, he was corporate senior vice president in charge of wholesale and franchising for United Colors of Benetton for nearly four years. He also worked for nearly five years for Nike, where he became senior category sales director for football.

He plans to outline a new distribution strategy with the goal of accelerating the company’s development abroad, focussing on e-commerce and omnichannel projects. Prazzoli also wants to update the product line to target new luxury consumers.