Florence Shoe Company, an Indian manufacturer of shoes for foreign brands such as Hugo Boss, Tommy Hilfiger, Ted Baker and Cole Haan, recorded a sales increase of 12 percent in 2012, with 1.8 million pairs exported. The Indian Council of Leather Exports awarded the company with the first prize in the category of leather footwear businesses with an export volume of up to US$40 million. The award was handed over during the India International Leather Fair held in Chennai at the beginning of this month. The company's exports to the U.S. account for 30 percent of total sales, while exports to Europe represent the remaining 70 percent. Its exports to the U.S. went up in 2012, but those to Italy fell by 4 percent. In March 2012, Florence Shoe Company opened a new factory in Bellore. The company's ninth factory will be opened in May 2013 with full production due to start at the beginning of 2014.