Stuart Weitzman has opened a new retail outlet and showroom in Milan, at n° 1 via della Spiga. The American shoe designer currently has 15 retail outlets in the USA and 10 in the rest of the world. The USA represents 70 percent of total sales and Europe takes 25 percent, while the overall output of 2 million pairs is distributed in over 50 countries altogether. Evening shoes and other dressy footwear account for 60 percent of the total. The remaining 40 percent is sports and casual footwear. A new Italian store was inaugurated last month in Naples, to be followed by Capri and Rome.