With a view to increasing its production capacity, Berluti has moved its former plant, located in Ferrara, in Italy's Emilia Romagna, to an 8,000-square-meter facility at Gaibanella, a village in the outskirts of of the town. The new plant, which reportedly represents an investment of more than €10 million, employs 300 people, double the number who worked in the previous facility. A third of the staff comes from the Berluti Academy, a training school that the brand established in 2010 to hand on the craftsmanship skills of the fashion house. Created in 1895 by Alessandro Berluti, the company is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year. It was acquired by LVMH in 1993.